This is obviously not the traditional way to use Matcha, but it sure is delicious! Instead of whisking your Matcha, shake it up in a cocktail shaker (or in a jar with a tight lid), then add ice, mint and lime juice. It makes for a wonderfully refreshing iced Matcha drink when served unsweetened, but if you have a bit of a sweet tooth, add some honey or cane sugar to taste.
This iced Matcha recipe serves 2.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons Supertea Matcha
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint
- honey or cane sugar to taste (optional)
- Using a cocktail shaker (or a large jar with a non-leaky lid) shake together the water and Matcha until there are no lumps.
- Add the ice, a squeeze of lime, 2 handfuls of mint and shake it some more.
- Add your choice of sweetener if you’d like.
- Pour into glasses with extra lime slices and mint.