We love Matcha in just about everything. From smoothies to waffles to lattes and beyond. This versatile green tea powder adds a tasty and healthy boost to just about any recipe, and cocktails are certainly no exception.
In this cocktail recipe mint, lime and honey get shaken up with gin and Matcha powder for a refreshing and spirited beverage! Matcha’s gentle caffeine lift combined with a dash of alcohol makes for a great afternoon pick me up.
It is easy to whip up a green tea cocktail using this recipe. The quantities below are soooo flexible, so you can easily make it to your personal taste. Add more honey or more lime juice or even an extra splash of gin as you desire. Our quantities are perfect for drinks for two but go ahead and double or triple the recipe.
One tip to avoid ending up with clumps of Matcha is to first add a little bit of water to the Matcha to form a paste, before adding in the rest of the water.
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1½ tablespoons of honey
- 1½ tablespoons of lime juice
- 1½ cups water
- 2 shots of gin
- 1 teaspoon Supertea Matcha
- enough ice to fill 2 glasses
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint, honey and lime juice together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and shake until the liquid is well chilled and the Matcha is dissolved.
- Strain through a small sifter or strainer, dividing between two ice-filled glasses, then serve and enjoy!