Try our beautiful green Matcha waffles for breakfast to boost your energy levels!
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and seeing as many of us are looking for healthy ways to boost our energy levels, fuelling up on some delicious Matcha waffles sounds like the perfect breakfast solution. Matcha green tea is very rich in antioxidants and other nutrients. It provides a healthy energy boost, speeds up metabolism, fights cancer, helps burn fat, calms the mind and relaxes the body.
The unusual green colouring of the Matcha makes for a unique and tasty treat! Liven them up with a topping of natural yoghurt, fresh diced mango and shredded coconut.
- 2 teaspoons Supertea Matcha
- 300 grams (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 400 ml (1 1/2 cups) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 fresh mango diced
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- shredded coconut
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all of the waffle ingredients together (except for the toppings).
- Slightly grease and heat your waffle maker.
- Pour enough batter to make 1 waffle each time in the centre of the waffle plate (this depends on the model of your waffle maker, and how many you can make at a time) and close the lid.
- Let it cook until desired darkness, but keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- When ready, remove the waffle from the waffle maker and place on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
- Top with yoghurt, diced mango and shredded coconut.